- Each village should have a facilitation centre on the lines of BangaloreOne centres.These must act as a single window clearence for availing all the government services like obtaining Khata,Pahni and other documents.These centres should also provide information about various government schemes that may be helpfull to the farmer.
- A young educated Village Youth could be appointed as a Village cordinator for all the agriculture related activities.He should be a single point of contact for buying/Selling agricultural implements,fertilizers and other items.The Farmers can place an order for getting the above products with the cordinator, who in turn would place the order with the dealers in the taluk headquarters.The cordinator will also look into the logistical aspects also.So, all that the farmer has to do is contact the cordinator for buying his agricultural inputs.
- The transportation facilities for taking the agricultural produce to the market will be taken care by an entreprenuer from the village who runs a Van to and from the Taluk HeadQuarters.The same Van will be used for transporting the agricultural produce also.The Entreprenuer will be provided loans under PMRY Scheme.
- The Village school will have an Internet Connection.Using the Internet connection, the Farmers should be provided information on Commodity Prices,Weather Forecasting ,etc.This Job can be performed by the Agricultural Cordinator himself.
- Desilting of tanks,Watershed development,etc which help in providing prcious water to the crops will be built by the Villagers themselves under NREGA.
- A Gobar gas plant setup in the village will provide electricity to the water pumps in the fields.All the inputs necessary like cow dung and other waste will be provided by the villagers themselves. The technical expertise will be provided by some government owned Research Institutes.
- A grainary and Cold Storage facility will also be built in each village.All the produce will be stored here until a good price is obtained in the market.
- A Farmers Association will be setup in each Village.It will act as a platform for farmers to discuss problems,share ideas and expertise with their fello men.They can be contacted by any seed,fertiliser companies,etc to demonstrate their products.
- Farmers with small pieces of Land can com together for Social Farming.Yound and educated villagers would look after the overall management of the social farm.The income would be divided suitably among the farmers.This will also provide employment oppurtunities to the Village Youth in agriculture.
Friday, April 2, 2010
Making a Village Self Sufficient : Agriculture
Want to do some Social service ?
|Subscribe to Samaj Seva|
|Visit this group|